Connecting our past with their future

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back to the Future!

Hey EC Alumni & Current Members,

The EC has definitely changed since we started it back in '74! But the reason for its creation still exists today! I would love to revitalize the energy and direction that has lasted for the past 35 years. What was that? Well, those that were there know that the EC was started to help young, intelligent black men from the "hoods" get into the Prep. Their only problem was financial! I know, I know we had to put on paper that it was open to all, but "we" know where the energy was directed. Let be real! I would love to be part of bringing that energy, direction and excitement back to the EC. I don't live in JC anymore but my family is there and I visit often. Just hit me back on my email @ r_mcintyre2@hotmail.com or call @ 803.429.8579 anytime and I will respond! For those that live in JC or are closer to the Prep than me just let me know when you have a function and I will try my best to be there! I have a new dream for the Ebony Club . . . that it spreads throughout the rest of the private schools in Jersey City and then the public schools as a Club of Excellence! Imagine seeing someone with the Ebony Club shirt on (in burgundy and gold) with another line on the back saying Snyder High Division, Jersey City or Lincoln or Ferris or Marist High! Yep, that may mean including the women! Watch out! Remember, we ARE our brothers' keepers! So, as we Sigmas say on to "Bigger and Better Business"!

Tony and Eric, did you guys get my email through Facebook detailing my new idea? I sent it awhile ago.

1 comment:

Anthony Powell said...

After reading this post, recently, I began to smile. Great idea, Bob. Great idea.